Saturday, July 9, 2011

Where has the month gone? Having Fun!

Where has it  gone???  I'll tell ya!  It's been filled with working, company, and running around the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota which is where I live for half of the year.

I spent a week playing tour guide to two of my Bottom Dweller friends from New York City.  We went everywhere and did everything from hiking, biking, wild life viewing, rock scrambling, rodeo and caving.  Our kids Mark & Lindsey came for the weekend of the 4th of July and we did some more hiking and exploring and rodeoing.  Doug, my husband has been here for over 2 weeks so you can also throw in several trail rides we did.  And cooking!!  I've had a renewed interest in cooking this last month and have been making a lot of new dishes.  My fav so far???  Mexican corn on the cob.  YUMMMY.  Doug just left to head back to SUX and as much as I hate to see him go, I need the time to myself to get caught up on work!!  He's coming back next weekend for a trail ride the Trail Riders of the Black Hills is doing. 

But today is Saturday and a beautiful day that's not meant to be spent inside.   So I'm going to hit the Michelson Trail this morning with a couple of friends and do some biking.  Then we might check out the logging competition in Hill City before heading to Keystone to hike to the Hippie Hole to maybe go swimming!  I'm excited for today!  I haven't been on my bike yet this summer and as I'm a biker at heart (not a runner) this will be fun.  The Hippie Hole I've never been to and I think it's going to be one of those hidden jewels in the Hills that few people know about.  Plus I'm excited about seeing some friends I have seen for a while and hearing what's new in their lives!

Tomorrow I'll probably go for a trail run (yes I'm still trying to run) and then go for a trail ride in the afternoon with one of my neighbors who's been working way too much at Crazy Horse this summer and needs some down time.  I may also take the kayak out and check out a new spot.  (have I mentioned I want to get a paddleboard???) 

I am regretting that I'm missing my 25th high school class reunion this weekend and seeing my brother who is also back in Wayne, NE for his 40th class reunion and Wayne's Chicken Days.  I'm hoping my facebook classmates will post lots of pics and updates.

Well off to load up the SUV for today's adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...Lesa...you are way.....too busy..smile..and loving every minute of it aren't you?? lol I hope you take some pictures to post..I would love to see all these wonderful places you go to..smile... So I can share these adventures 'viturally' with you! smile...

    Or if you have postcards, they would do as well..ha... I have a wonderful cousin who travels all over and she sends me postcards so I can "sort of" be there with them...smile...

    Have a safe and blessed day!

    xoxo Gert (& Tom)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gert I WILL start taking photos for you!!! I usually do and why I didn't today is beyond me. I think it was because my friend was going on and on and on about the poison ivy! It's never bothered me before.....I dont think. This will be a test.

    ReplyDelete