Saturday, July 9, 2011

How long before poinson ivy kicks in?

That's it.  That's my blog post.  LOL!  So we attempted to find the Hippie Hole today.  We didn't.  My fault.  I know that when hiking back country even in South Dakota to be prepared.  Water, first aid, food, shock blocks, headlight, GPS, a well thought out plan...yadda yadda yadda.....  I had water and food.  No GPS and no well thought out plan.  Idiot.  And pretty much all of the hike was through lots and lots of poison ivy.  I never knew what it looked like before but I do now!  And we all wore shorts.  YEA!

While we didn't find the hippie hole we did find a neat little spot where two stream converged.  One stream was literally warm water and the other was cold!  It was really odd but fun.  And very pretty.  Why I didn't take any photos is beyond me.  Again idiot.  And of course when we hiked out we did NOT end up at where we left the car.  Oh no we ended up at the SD Children's Home and ended up calling someone to come get us to take us back to our car.  Sigh.....


So here is where we were and where we should have been...You have to click on the larger map to see all our points.

View Hippie Hole Adventure in a larger map


The good news is that my friends are still speaking to me and actually want to try to find the Hippie Hole again.  Supposedly there is a 30' rock cliff there you can jump off and into the water.  Next time I'll take the GPS, have a better plan and take pictures!!  And wear pants for the poison ivy.

3 comments:

  1. No poison ivy yet! Maybe the good wipe down with the baby wipes will be what saves us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lesa..you guys are all so adventurious..smile.. I really was concerned about that poison ivy, I hope you are all fine! That stream sounded so amazing...

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. No poison ivy here either. Whew.....

    ReplyDelete