Friday, August 26, 2011

So Much to Do So Little Time

I cant believe it's been over a MONTH since my last blog post!  And now summer is coming to an end. There's been a lot of trail riding....lots of trail running (in my skirts...being a bit of a fashionista I LOVE THEM)....a little bike riding...a little geocaching...and even some kayaking.  Only thing I haven't had a chance to do yet is go fly fishing.  The sad news on that note is that our nephew Joe and his wife and new baby who lived in Rapid City just  moved to Minnesota.  Joe was going to help me actually catch something.  But the good news is he introduced me to the guy that taught him so I'm going to have to call him sometime to go out fishing.  I think the fall is a good time for fly fishing in the hills too.

I signed up for my second half marathon.  The Run Crazy Horse marathon will be October 2nd.  I'm looking forward to doing another one.  But just like the last one, I'm injured again.  This time I have tendonitis in one of my toes.  Ice, Advil, stiff shoes and rest are what the doctor's ordered.  I can't really stop my training so the resting part will have to wait for a few weeks for when I'm on the dive boat and cant run.  Oh yea, I'm going scuba diving in the Sea of Cortez with the Bottom Dwellers soon.  Looking forward to possibly seeing some whale sharks!!

In the mean time, here are some photos of cool stuff around the hills....
 Bull Elk on one of my favorite running trails

 Lunch on a trail ride.

 Rock jumping & swimming at the Hippie Hole
Trail Ride to Custer's Sting of Pearls overlook.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lesa..you are so adventurous, I am just so proud of you...to just keep going..and finding another adventure to go on!

    Please take care of that toe and do what is best for it!

    Blessings,
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete