Sunday, March 13, 2011

2nd Jounral Entry

Running makes no sense.  Friday I took advantage of some warmer weather and ran outside with my friend Sandy.  In the book I'm reading about training for a marathon the author's running buddy is "Chipper Jen."  Sandy is my Chipper Jen and thus has a new nickname.  She's younger than me and way cuter.  And she can run better and faster and is always in a great mood.  ie.......Chipper Jen.  We first met years ago when I started work at Great West Casualty as a law student intern.  She was the self appointed social director of the young and hip crowd at GW and sure made my time at GW better.  Anyway, we're going to go do a "long" run.  Last time we did 10 miles and I had to walk a couple of times.  But we visited the whole time which adds to the effort it takes to run so I didn't feel too bad about having to make her walk a little.  But Friday I was dreading the run.  Turns out we had a GREAT RUN.  We did 11.5 miles and never walked and talked the whole time.  Operating off that high I was looking forward to another long run on Sunday.  Well nothing about it was good.  I still did 7.3 miles but every step hurt.  I ran to my friend Melanie's house and it was all I could do to keep going.  The only "good" thing of the run was I did some hills which so far I've avoided.  Ok need to do some more hills in the future.  The ironic thing about having so much pain was that the chapter in the book I had just finished was titled "PAIN".  Guess that should have been warning.

I'm almost done with this book and I'm really bummed about that.  This book has been really fun and motivational for me.  I have 5 months left of my training.  What am I going to read now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment